The InterprofessionalResearch.Global (IPR.Global) Best Research Awards recognize interprofessional scholarly works that exemplify excellence in the following Award Category:
- Barbara Fifield Brandt IPR.Global Award – The Barbara Fifield Brandt IPR.Global Award will recognize an academic – practice partnership team that demonstrates impact on learner and health outcomes through sustaining and connecting interprofessional education and collaborative practice in community-based practice settings serving vulnerable and high-risk populations.
- Hugh Barr Global Award – The Hugh Barr IPR.Global Award will recognize the evaluation by an interprofessional team of an outstanding example of collaboration between academic institutions and health/social service delivery organizations in high/middle-income and low-income countries to promote and sustain interprofessional education and collaborative practice.
- John H.V. Gilbert Global Award – The John H.V. Gilbert IPR.Global Award will recognize an outstanding interprofessional doctoral dissertation, published in the past three years (since 2017), that has resulted in a learning paradigm which brings interprofessional education and learning to interprofessional collaborative practice in a practice setting where practitioners, students and patients have been engaged in developing measurable interprofessional high quality care.
The IPR.Global Best Research Awards aim at recognizing and honoring innovative interprofessional scholarly work in the format of partnership, evaluation, or dissertation work that has demonstrated a positive sustainable impact on the academic/practice/community with a notable contribution to the interprofessional education and collaborative practice field.
Who Is Eligible?
Nominations for the award may be made by individuals (John Gilbert IPR.Global Award) or by teams/partnerships (Barbara Fifield Brandt IPR.Global Award and Hugh Barr IPR.Global Award) from academia, practice, service users/consumers and or students.
Nominations may be made by individuals external to the project. Please be advised that the Application Form, however, must be completed by the Nominee/s (Applicant/s).
- Apply February 24th -May 31st, 2020 by 11:59 PM PST
- All applicants need to submit an online application along with your CV and a nomination letter (see required documents below) by May 31st, 2020.
- Global Evaluations: June 1st – July 15th, 2020
- Each application will be thoroughly evaluated by peer-reviewers. The evaluation criteria will follow (but not be limited to) originality, creativity/innovation, impact, dissemination of findings, sustainability, and contributions/future applications to the IPECP field.
- Award Winners Notification: by July 30th, 2020
- The IPR.Global Awards and Fellowship Working Group reaches the final decisions based on the online application and the submitted required documents, and will notify the award winners by June 30th through email.
- Award Presentation Ceremony: All Together Better Health Conference (ATBHX), Doha, Qatar (October 24-27th, 2020)
- IPR.Global, in collaboration with Interprofessional.Global and the student World Interdisciplinary Forum for Healthcare, will present the awards during the ATBHX conference in Doha, Qatar, October 24-27th, 2020.
- Application’s Required Documents and Submission
The application is online, and consisted of:
- Questions regarding the originality, creativity/innovation, impact, dissemination of findings, sustainability, and contributions/future applications to the IPECP field.
- An abbreviated CV (no more than 4 pages) highlighting related research and scholarship.
- A Nomination (cover) Letter (no more than 3 pages) highlighting your IPECP research/scholarly work based on the specific Award Category you are applying for, and the evaluation criteria.
- Supporting documents (optional): Applicants may submit up-to 2 letters of recommendation to support their application.
For additional information and to learn more about IPR.Global, please visit us at www.interprofessionalresearch.global, and sign up here to receive updates. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have question/comment about your application.